Sunglasses Carrera New Champion 8H7MV 62x08
Carrera was founded in 1956 in Austria by Wilhelm Anger as the manufacturer of Wilhelm Anger Werker sports glasses inspired by the Carrera Panamericana automobile race. Twenty years later, they changed their name to Optyl International and began making motorcycle goggles and ski goggles.
In 1964, Wilhelm Anger developed and patented the 'Optyl' material, which was a heat-hardened plastic that weighed 20% less than acetate, resulting in reduced allergic reactions and an improved fit through a memory effect that provided permanent elasticity and dimensional stability.
In 1974, the company was renamed Carrera International and established headquarters in Traun, Austria, and went on to partner with automobile designer Ferdinand Alexander to develop the Carrera Porsche Design collection of sunglasses.
In the 1980s, Carrera sponsored sporting events such as the America's Cup, the 1988 Winter Olympics, and Formula 1 races.
In 1996, Safilo Group SpA acquired Carrera and is now headquartered in Padua, Italy.
The well-known Carrera sunglasses Carrera Champion and Carrera Safari models were created in 2008 and have been top sellers ever since.
In 1996 the company established its assembly plant in the Henan province of China.
A complete collection of Carrera glasses is collected by Safilo Private Collection.